Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sorry it's been so long since I last updated our blog. School is now out and we are all enjoying the heat of summer (and air conditioning :D). This week is the first week of Kodi and Eden's summer school sessions. Eden has chosen to take German and Science this summer and Kodi is enjoying his science and phy ed classes. Kodi was hoping to take German also, but unfortunately there were not enough 5/6 graders interested, so his class got cancelled.

Matt has been enjoying his paternity leave so far and has been working for his brother Mike, a few days a week. He is sporting a nice tan from being outside painting/power washing all day. For father's day this past Sunday, I cooked Matt, the kids, and the 3 bike racers who were crashing with us this past week (they took off today) breakfast. Then our family went to church, where Matt almost won the contest of the father with the youngest child (he was beat out by a daddy of a 9 week old). In the afternoon, the 5 of us went to Lannon Quarry for some swimming and playing on the beach. All 3 of the kids had a blast swimming (yup, Abe went swimming for the first time and he liked being in the water - though he didn't like it when the back of his head got wet). For Matt's father's day gift, the kids painted a corn hole game for him and I made the bean bags outfitted with Abe's footprints. This evening Kodi, Matt, and I all enjoyed a few rounds of corn hole before retiring inside to relax in front of the television.

I have been trying to work a bit more this week and so work has been keeping me a bit busier than normal. But work is going well and I really do enjoy what I do, so that is an added bonus. Today I went out to Johnson's Creek outlet mall with a few friends and their babies for a bit of shopping. I scored a cute summer dress at the Gap for only $8 (sweet deal!). I also picked Abram up an outfit for fall with says Daddy's All Star on it (which Matt was excited to see).

Kodi and Eden were excited to have "their best babysitter ever" Hillary Gardner today. She spent the day with Kodi and Eden while I was shopping with my friends. They liked that she played with them and took them out to lunch.

Abram is as happy as can be. Though this week he has started sleeping on his stomach but he wakes up unhappy as he hasn't quiet learned to roll back to his back yet and so he gets "trapped" and cries for someone to "rescue" him. He still enjoys playing on his Baby Einstein play mat and also in her exersaucer. I absolutely adore cuddling with him and today we spent a lot of time enjoying each others company. Sometimes I feel like I could just cuddle him and kiss him forever. I am amazed as I look back over the past 20 weeks of my life. Everything has changed so much and my life has such a different meaning now. I feel so blessed to have my little angel (and my two big angels and husband also!).

That's all for now :). I hope you all are enjoying your summer! Stay cool and wear sunscreen :)
Love,
Beth

No comments: