Thursday, May 7, 2009

The year of 10's!

My 10 year high school reunion went well this weekend. It was fun catching up with people from my past. It is amazing how much some people change and how little others do. All in all, it was a fun evening. I especially enjoyed going out to dinner with Anna, Kim and Jeremy before the reunion.

Matt is approaching his 10 year anniversary at Hayes and his 20 year high school reunion...I guess you could call this the year of 10's :).

Abram flew well on the plane...a little fussy for our flight out to MN, but soon after we were in the air he was happy and smiling. I suppose it feels weird to take off and land -- tummy's flopping and ears popping. Abe slept through landing in MN and for the whole flight home. Though it was a quick trip, Abe still got to spend some quality time with his aunties, his uncle, and his grandma and grandpa.

Today, Matt and Kodi head Camp Whitcomb with the 5th grade class. It is an exciting overnight camping/nature trip. One of the highlights for the 5th graders (this and high interest day, which was on May 1). They will spend the next 30 hours hiking, fishing, learning about nature and of course the ever dreaded communal shower. Hopefully Kodi will survive :D.

Work is going well. I worked my first 12 hour shift this past Monday....it went by surprisingly fast, though I was exhausted on Tuesday and found it hard to do much other than hang out at home with Abram. I am sure it will only be a matter of time before I re-acclimate to the long hours.

I hope all is well in your world!
B

No comments: