Sunday, October 18, 2009

Change

Change...Friday marked a day of change for us in the Gissibl household. As I was updating our blog and working on uploading our photos from this past year to the Walgreens website, Matt comes home from work. I asked him why he was home, as it was only 10am. That was when I found out he had gotten laid off from his job.

Change...so now he is back on the job market and I'll be increasing my hours to full time at the hospital. We will be making cutbacks in our lives, but at least we have been living within our means and have been preparing our emergency fund for such a day as this. (I'm so glad we didn't listen to me and use part of our fund to pay off a part of Matt's car loan...).

Change....we know we will be alright and that God is watching over us. Everything happens for a reason and God will never give you more than you can handle. Maybe this change happened to help us grow closer as a family or maybe it's to help us re-prioritize our priorities? Only time will tell.

2 comments:

bikingviking said...

Hi. My name is Carlos Cadavid.I know Matt from Hayes. Can you please tell him to cantact me at cdcadavid@gmail.com

Vidya said...

so sorry to hear this, beth. you and your family are in my prayers. God likes to change things up sometimes, usually for the better, right? (even if it doesn't feel that way.) Love ya!