Sunday, January 10, 2010

I was just reading up on my fellow blogger websites and I feel so bad we haven't updated our family blog since November! I apologize for our lack of updates. Life has been good for us Gissibl's, though we are keeping uberly busy!!!!

This weekend, Kodi (6th grade) had back to back wrestling invitationals. He wrestled his heart out and did a great job! Today, he took home a 3rd place trophy. Friday night was ACAL at Longfellow Middle School -- which is essentially a two hour party at the school for all the 6th graders - he had an absolute blast! It has been a lot of fun watching Kodi grow and change as he has adapted to middle school. We have had a few challenging days as he has tested the waters (as all kids do), but over all Kodi is maturing into a fine, respectful young man.

Eden had her first day of swim lessons on Saturday morning (Kodi missed his lesson because of his wrestling match). Saturday, Eden and I hung out around the house (with Abram). We played with her American dolls, braided hair, watched a movie, and just enjoyed some (step) mommy and daughter time. It was very rejuvenating for both of us.

Matt is still keeping busy looking for a job. He has been able to find a few projects keeping him busy at home - 1 . Plowing, 2. working on the 2010 Wisconsin Bicycle Ride Guide -- where he is selling advertisements to various businesses throughout Wisconsin. Hopefully if the Ride Guide goes over well, maybe it could lead to a permanent job??? (say a little prayer for him)

I find it hard to believe that my little Abe is now 11 months old! He is growing so old so quickly! I can't believe how fast time has passed! He is such a wonderfully, happy little guy who loves exploring his surroundings! He is now walking at a fast pace...he can walk to a location faster than he can crawl now. This weekend he has been busy banging metal bowls and measuring cups. Next time I need to use a measuring cup, I will have to search the living room for it! (Haha -- our busy boy moves our Tupperware and the few pots/pans we let him play with all around the house).

Let's see, what's new with me. I am really enjoying the new off-shoot of my position at the hospital, where I am coordinating the critical care float pool orientation. It has been fun adapting to my new office hours and all the scheduling, unit growth, and fun/stress that has come along with this new role. Kristi (my acute care counterpart) and myself have grown a lot these last few months and truly enjoying our new roles. I am now working between 30-40 plus hours each week. Which has proven to be a personal struggle for myself with balancing my home sanity with my work sanity. Basically I am trying to work lots one week and then take it easy the following week so I can be home with the family more.

Well the fam is waiting to play Sorry for me, so I gotta run.
We will post pics soon :)
Beth