Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Our Sleepless Night

Hi All,
Well last night was a long one for Matt and I. My contractions started around 10:30pm and by 1am they were consistently 3-4 minutes apart and lasting 35-40 seconds...so we hoped in the car and headed to the hospital. When I arrived they attached me to the monitor but when they checked my cervix I was still dilated to 1+ centimeters. They kept me for awhile to watch and see if I would dilate more, but by 3am, we were on our way home. My contractions continued until after 5am, but then I was finally able to get some sleep. They are calling it "early labor". My uterus has been quiet today...now it's just the waiting game. I have my routine OB appointment tomorrow, so we shall see if I have dilated any more. I am hoping for a quiet night tonight... I'm off to bed!

Have a good one!
Beth

No comments: