Thursday, February 5, 2009

Today was the big day!


Auntie Beth and Uncle Patrick came to visit today


Auntie Angie and Uncle Marvin made the long trek in the middle of the night to see baby Abram .


Grandma Nancy and Grandpa Jim drove up with Auntie Angie and Uncle Marvin. This photo was taken when Abram was about 1 hour old.



Welcome to the world Baby Abram! Abram was born at 524am on Feburary 5 (his due date). He weighed 6 lbs 15 oz and is 21 1/4 inches long. He gave us a bit of a scare as he kept dropping his heart rate. At about 4:45am they decided we needed to have a cesearan section as he was not tolerating the labor very well anymore. Soon after they cut me open they realized why...his umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck 3 times....thankfully my cervix didn't dilate any further than it did (or else that could have been double trouble). Thankfully all turned out perfectly.
I am a little sore, but I'm hanging in there. I was able to get a bit of sleep today (so did Matt). I am a little sore from the surgery. It has been fun to finally hold Abram. I love cuddling with him! I'll update the blog more as we have more visitors.




Daddy holding baby Abram soon after he was born




Meet my big brother Kodi and my big sister Eden. We are all very excited about our newest family addition.




Mommy holding baby Abram for the first time. He went to nurse within the first hour and did wonderfully!


Love you all!
Beth and Baby Abram




2 comments:

The Jolliff Family said...

Congratulations Gissibls! He looks beautiful. I am so glad everything went okay and that mom and baby are healthy. It's a true miracle, isn't it?!

Dichtl Family said...

Happy Birthday Abram, from the Dichtl Family! It has been very enjoyable viewing the photos and commentary posted on the Web on the addition of a new member to the Gissibl family. Congratulation on a fine job! My name is Rudolph J. Dichtl and I am the Gissibl family genealogist. When your family routine readjusts to normal with the addition of A. J. Abram, I would like to correspond with you and ask several question about your family history. You have a beautiful baby and a very supportive family.
Sincerely,
Rudy
Boulder, CO 80302
303-442-3032
dichtlR@comcast.net